Our Welsh Corgi

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Holy Busy Bone!

Nothing too big to note today. everything went as we would hope, except he pooped in his pen again today. The puppy pads are so white that whenever he pees, it looks dirtier and dirtier. I cleaned out the pen today, took up all the pads (he managed to pee at least once in each square - all but one were soiled) and set down only 4. I noticed that the last 2 places for him to pee were closest to his crate entrance, and then closest to his food. SO... I put 4 down, and then got another newspaper and piled them on in the places without pads.

We took a little larger walk at pre-bedtime, and then played some with the tennis ball, then crated him immediately. He should hopefully sleep well.

The only thing I'm concerned about tonight is that I bought these purina "busy bones" that are supposed to help clean his mouth, and it was this huge bone that looked like a good 4 inches of my forearm. I didn't expect it to be so easy to chew, and I didn't even know if he'd like it, but he went through more than half of it. That was around 7:30. But it kept him busy while I tried to clean up the pen. He did poop before bed, but I am thinking the AM one will be a MONSTER...if he can hold it through the night. I took the remains and I'm going to feed it to him maybe in a couple days. It is really slimy and gross with all his saliva all over it.

He also walked very well today. We can't decide if he's getting better or if we're leading better.

Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home