Our Welsh Corgi

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Getting into the swing of things...

So mommy took him outside at 3:30 and he successfully peed again - took about 10 minutes. Awesome. It's been over 24 hours that he has not ruined our home with his excrements! We have set up a pen in the living room so he has a place to roam freely. I need to read up about giving him that freedom to roam that space frequently. I still want to lock him up in his pen so he knows that when he's in there, it's time for sleepy. Tim and I disagree a little on how we're going to handle this whole situation. I don't want Oliver to just settle for not going outside, but pee on the puppy pad only when necessary. I'm not exactly sure what Tim's idea is, but I don't feel comfortable with leaving the crate doors open 24-7. I still think he needs to be confined so he really knows he can't go potty in there. I hope he likes his new setup - it IS the third setup Oliver has had to adjust to - the first wasn't so good, the 2nd was better, hopefully third time is a charm.

Dinner is in 45 minutes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home